Saturday, November 27, 2010

She Said....(this is a poem I wrote years ago frustrated with the dating world)

She said make him work
Make him sweat
Make him bleed
Cause when he invest after a certain point they not willing to loose
Give up or mess up
I told her that is not true
Man invest in me but still mess up
She said im weak, easy, predictable
She said I didn’t make him work hard enough
She said I didn’t fail though cause he still there
Trying, chasing, working
She said im too pretty
Too pretty for this bull
She said I got to demand
Be a brat get my way
If he don’t comply…keep it moving cause they’re innumerable they keep coming
She said always keep the ball in my court
I must always hold the cards
Its all on my time
She said don’t second guess myself
She said I care too much
Just listen to the first voice that comes to my head
Cause that’s it, its in me
She said she sees it but I always hold back

My other she, she said
She said keep it real and keep it moving
She said I always settle for less
She said plant the seed it might humble me now, but he gonna be sick later

What do I think? What do I say?
First I’ll question, then I’ll say
I question
What do you mean I’m too pretty?
Just because people call me beautiful I am not entitled to humiliation and pain?
Pretty people should not be taken advantage of?
Is this my defense? Im too pretty for this?
Im sorry, that doesn’t sit well with me.
There are a list of reasons why I don’t deserve this but because I am perceived as pretty thats the only one that counts.

She said I hold back because Im too nice
I want to be nice, I like it, I want to be sweet it feels good
Why must I be callous and selfish?
Why is this necessary to gain respect?
Why aren’t I valued in my delicacy?
Must I always have control?
Sometime I enjoy being calm and trusting
Trusting the wind
Trusting life going wherever it takes me
Already knowing I am safe
I don’t want total control over a person, not even my daily events
I could not live without the element of surprise
I want Man’s willful good and intentional actions to populate my day
Will these actions only occur if I train Man well and make Man work?
I am sorry, this doesn’t sit well with me

Why is Man innumerable?
For this reason I hate living in such an industrial nation, where even Men are easily replaced
My Man should be unique
Man should occupy a space no other can replace
Man is innumerable? Easily replaceable?
I am sorry, this doesn’t sit well with me

Maybe Man is right…Im too emotional
I questioned now…
I will say…I say unfortunately this is the world I live in
In this nation there is a game we all must play
I tried to stay out of the game but I soon discovered I was the only one not playing
Therefore Im going in

Man is intended to work
Ever since Adam what Man obtains is from the sweat of his brow 
Man must sweat to live
Therefore, it is my duty to play my role
I must help him sweat so he may continue to live and survive
Man will work
His labor produces sweat 
which waters the fruit of my affection
once this fruit is harvested I will have to endure my curse of natural pain and forever beware
of all these slithering snakes
snakes who will try to destroy whatever balance we create

Anyways, back to the game
I wasn’t always pretty
I wont always be pretty
I did not ask for this advantage 
It was given to me
Unfortunately I must use the power while I have it
Man I am beautiful, treasure and respect me because I am
Beautiful..You are innumerable
I can get another Man who knows how to sweat
Unfortunately I can not trust the wind
So I will float on my thoughts whim
No longer my tongue will I hold
The game demands me to be bold
My name is Bitter Grace
Unfortunately callous skin and a selfish front is necessary to protect what I find truly beautiful

But what if?
(She hates when I say that)
What if while Im playing my Man steps out
I approach him as an innumerable and 
he walks away because… 
Im just another chick in the game?

No comments:

Post a Comment